Why is Fertilizing Important?
Top Ten Reasons Why It’s Important
- Fertilizing supplies nutrients needed during the high demands of the growing season.
- A vigorous and healthy lawn resists weeds.
- Proper nutrition protects your grass from pest infestations and helps it recover should one occur.
- A thriving lawn is more resilient to traffic.
- Proper pH is maintained in your soil.
- Nitrogen is supplied for leaf and shoot growth and a deep green color.
- Phosphorous is provided for establishing seedlings and root growth.
- Potassium is given for greater tolerance to hot and cold weather and against wear.
- An application of fertilizer in the fall prepares your lawn for winter and speeds its recovery in the spring.
- Fertilizing establishes new lawns and maintains established lawns.